commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Priest <Robert.Pri...@bentley.com>
Subject RE: Serving files through a Servlet?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:37:19 GMT
Hello All,

I am sorry. I was only subscribed to the Dev list, not the user. I am
subscribed now however.

If someone replied to this message, could you forward it to me... Thank you.

Also, I had another question:

How can I check for a Valid session id before allowing access to a file?

For example:

- I have a directory containing files for download:
http://localhost/myservlet/downloaddir/
- but before you download a file, say abc.jar (by using
"http://localhost/myservlet/downloaddir/
abc.jar"), I want to make sure that you have a valid session id. If your
session id is invalid, you get an access denied page. if not, you are
allowed to download.

so I guess what I want is to intercept any request to that "downloaddir"
and perform session\security checking (by another servlet or jsp page)
before allowing access...

Is there something in  the commons package for that, or is this a question
more for the "tomcat users" list?

Thank you.