commons-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: [beanutils] not finding the setter
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 19:04:37 GMT
Kenneth wrote:
> Thanks Wendy and Jose for responding.
> Point taken. My bean is not in fact a valid bean.

I didn't read far enough.  It's true that the class you posted isn't valid,
but not for the reason I stated.  It's not because of the three methods.
It's the types that are causing the problem.  Make them all boolean and I
think you'll have a valid Bean again.

Section 8.3.2 says:
" This is<PropertyName> method may be provided instead of a
get<PropertyName> method,
or it may be provided in addition to a get<PropertyName> method.  In either
case, if the is<PropertyName> method is present for a boolean property then
we will use the is<PropertyName> method to read the property value. "

I only know enough about this to get a Struts app to work. :)

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.