commons-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: [beanutils] not finding the setter
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:31:59 GMT
> I hadn't tried making the base property boolean. But my tests show
> that a boolean works with both a get<PropertyName> and
> is<PropertyName> specified. Its a String based property that will not
> work. Very interesting.

That matches the JavaBeans standard-- 8.3.2 addresses boolean properties
specifically and allows is/get/set together.  But if 'is' is present, that's
the one that will be used for a boolean.

> So I guess my question for the community would is, should BeanUtils be
> enhanced to handle the is<PropertyName> descriptor that is returned by
> java.beans.Introspector or should it stay conforming to the "letter of
> the standard"?

Life is much easier when everything conforms to the spec, if something is
misbehaving you can go to "the rules" and either fix your code or log a bug
for BeanUtils.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.