commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <Adrian.Sut...@Ephox.com>
Subject RE: HttpClient - Want all cookies in a single header line
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:27:48 GMT
Hi Derek,
Good to hear that you've found the answer to this however, I wanted to note
that:

Cookie: foo=1; baa=2

and

Cookie: foo=1
Cookie: baa=2

should be treated in exactly the same way by the server, so if your
developing a server side process that acts differently, you should look at
fixing this so that it complies with the HTTP spec.

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Alexander [mailto:dalexander@ukgateway.net]
Sent: Sunday, 20 July 2003 12:04 AM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: HttpClient - Want all cookies in a single header line

Hi,

I'm trying to make an HTTP GET request with all the Cookies on one header
line.
For some reason the request is built with each cookie on a separate line.

i.e., I want:

Cookie: foo=1; baa=2

but I am getting

Cookie: foo=1
Cookie: baa=2

I've looked at the source for HttpMethodBase where I saw that this depends
on whether it is in strictMode. So, I set it to strictMode first.

Doesn't seem to make any difference though.

Here's my code. Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong.

// ...
HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
HttpState state = client.getState();
state.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.COMPATIBILITY);
state.addCookie(new Cookie("192.168.0.1","foo","1","/",null,false));
state.addCookie(new Cookie("192.168.0.1","baa","2","/",null,false));
GetMethod method = new GetMethod("http://192.168.0.1/index.html");
method.setStrictMode(true);
int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);
// ...

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.