commons-user mailing list archives

From "Hope, Matthew" <Matthew.H...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: Pool project still active
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:22:37 GMT

I would point out that your DBA may not be too happy about this - every
RDBMS has limits to the number of connections it can have open (and it's a
lot lower than Inteeger.MAX_VALUE). Often it is better to set a limit for
you application lower than this to allow a little headroom for admin users
to get in if there is a problem, I would suggest asking your DBA how many
concurrent connections to the DB would be reasonable...

Obviously if this is for a performance test suite you may actually want to
push it as far as possible to see what those limits are... but I would
discourage any user from actually setting the value to this in a non test
environment*

Matt

* I don't think you meant this but I thought it was a point worth making in
case it was misinterpreted by others as being a good thing to do