commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric Galluzzo <egallu...@einnovation.com>
Subject Re: [JELLY] Key listeners
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:51:15 GMT
Sean Ferguson wrote:

> Hahahah, I didn't realize the embedded java code was jexl.  :)
>
> I tried just adding my key listener and it didn't work.
>
> Here is the code
>  <textField var="customerId" action="${load}" text="" columns="10">
>    ${addKeyListener(new JellyKeyAdapter())}
>  </textField>
>
> Where JellyKeyAdapter() is a class I have in the same directory as my
> jelly file.  Jexl complains of a parse error.

Jexl doesn't support new, and all method calls must be prefixed with the
object on which they are called.  However, you can do something like this:

<textField var="customerId" action="${load}" text="" columns="10">
  <j:new var="keyAdapter" className="com.foo.bar.JellyKeyAdapter"/>
  ${customerId.addKeyListener(keyAdapter)}
</textField>

    - Eric