commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [JELLY] Constants reference
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:53:15 GMT
Sean Ferguson wrote:
> How do I reference a constant file?
>
> Example, ${WindowConstants.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE} does absolutely nothing.

jexl tends to be a bit lean (as javascript is) when it comes to objects
that have no properties or don't have the wished property... I guess the
"nothing" here is actually a null which is converted to "" so to provide
something outside of the ${}.

> How would I go about using that value?

I fear you have found a bug as even based on an instance, the constant
seems not to be picked...

     <j:new className="javax.swing.JFrame" var="frame"/>
     <echo> This should be a size ${frame.getSize()}.</echo>
     <echo> This should be an integer "${frame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE}".</echo>

Only responds me:

     [echo]  This should be a size java.awt.Dimension[width=0,height=0].
     [echo]  This should be an integer "".

Paul