commons-user mailing list archives

From "K.C. Baltz" <kc.ba...@lollimail.com>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] How should PredicatedCollections work?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:02:37 GMT
At least I'm not going crazy.  Perhaps the Javadoc could be made
clearer.  May I suggest for Collection.predicatedCollection:

* @param collection - the collection to predicate, must not be null.
All elements must pass the test in the predicate

and

* @throws IllegalStateException If one of the elements in
<code>collection</code> does not pass the predicate test.

K.C.

>PredicatedList exists to filter input to a collection by blocking invalid elements. A
typical example is to create a LIst that only allows an object of a specific type.

>What you want is FilteredList. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist in [collections]. I'd
like to add it, but time limits me. If you want to write a version (based on the CVS HEAD
code) please feel free.