commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [JELLY] Tag Reference
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:06:27 GMT
Sean Ferguson wrote:
> Is there a tag reference anywhere?  I am really interested in using
> Jelly Swing, but the docs at jakarta are pretty weak in terms of
> describing what each tag available is and what it's properties are.
>
> Perhaps someone could point me to some good websites?

Sadly not...

Oh, hold on, well... yes...most of the tags in Swing are component-tags
(not all), some others are well known objects and they all behave like
beans... so that's enough to get a pretty complete list of attributes.
You're then left to guess the introspection facilities (i.e. how to
convert a string to a boolean... or... to a size).

The problem is known at least for jelly-swing: there should be a large
part of documentation being done which should rely on API documentation.
See the jira for Jelly...

Paul