commons-user mailing list archives

From José Antonio Pérez Testa <japte...@indra.es>
Subject Re: [Digester] element names
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:10:46 GMT
You can define rules that match element names and pass to that rules the
element's contents and element's attributes.
If you know in advance the names of the elements then you can define the
rules to process them, one rule for each element.
The param to the rule can be the element content.
As far as I know you can't access the element name from the Rule unless
you pass it as an attribute.

Lister, Tom (ANTS) wrote:

>Hi
>I'm need to parse an XML document and cross reference selected elements with
>a mapping database to resolve different naming conventions between systems.
>We are using XML via MQ for real time integration.
>
>My problem is that when I get the content of an element to call a mapping
>method call, I also want to pass the name of the element as a second
>parameter to the method. I can't see a way to get this information.
>Alternatively a way to pass in a hard coded parameter would also work as I
>know which elements I am defining rules for.
>
>I can't see any way to pass parameters to a method call other than element
>contents - or have I missed something basic.
>
>Do I need to build a custom rule for this?
>
>:-) Tom Lister
>Technical Architecture Group
>* - 020 7756 5014
>* - tom.lister@ants.co.uk

>This communication (including any attachments) contains confidential information.  If
you are not the intended recipient and you have received this communication in error, you
should destroy it without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents.  Please notify
the sender immediately of the error.

>Internet communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or changed after
they are sent.  Abbey National Treasury Services plc does not accept liability for any loss
you may suffer as a result of interception or any liability for such changes.  If you wish
to confirm the origin or content of this communication, please contact the sender by using
an alternative means of communication.

>This communication does not create or modify any contract and, unless otherwise stated,
is not intended to be contractually binding.

>Abbey National Treasury Services plc. Registered Office:  Abbey National House, 2 Triton
Square, Regents Place, London NW1 3AN.  Registered in England under Company Registration Number:
2338548.  Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).