commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Digester trims whitespace
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:34:35 GMT
adding a property to switch trimming on and off sounds like it might lead
to later problems with extensibility. you need to switch on and off
trimming. other people may want to normalize whitespace by (say) replacing
concurrent sequences of whitespace with a single space. maybe we could add
a strategy interface which rules could call to pre-process the body text
and then create a default implementation that would call trim.

comments anyone?

- robert