commons-user mailing list archives

From Laird NELSON <lairdnel...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [jelly] Jelly and BSF?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:11:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: Anthony Eden <me@anthonyeden.com>
> The advantage is to allow applications which use BSF to use Jelly
> without needing to code directly to the Jelly engine.

Exactly.

So from looking at the BSF site, which says this:

  Usually, a scripting language author extends the BSFEngineImpl class,
  which implements BSFEngine, and only requires the scripting language
  author to implement the eval() method.

...it looks like this would be a fairly easy task.  Can someone give me
a couple of pointers to get started?  I'll be happy to do the work.
Would I start by looking at a JellyContext?  I'm unfamiliar with the
guts of Jelly, so a couple of "trail heads" would be very much
appreciated.

Somewhat disorganized,
Laird