commons-user mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: Commons DB and DBCP question
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:19:19 GMT
Currently there is no actual code under http://db.apache.org/commons/,
which would seem to make this a pretty easy question to answer.

It is likely that http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp will eventually
to move to DB Commons, assuming DB commons becomes a viable community.
See the discussion of this on the commons-dev mailing list archive.

It seems unlikely that there will be duplication of effort across
http://db.apache.org/commons and http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp.
Either DBCP moves to DB Commons or stays put in Jakarta Commons, or a new
connection pooling implementation is created (or imported into) one or the
other, but there doesn't seem to have been much interest in maintaining
two distinct codebases.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Vipul Sagare wrote:

> Clarification:
> I meant which is option user should select for long term project ?

one should be viewed as good option for long term?