commons-user mailing list archives

From Tom Maccariella <>
Subject Re: [fileupload] Problem with setting Repository
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:23:18 GMT
You must specify an absolute path when using the setRepositoryPath() method.  Example:
      - or -
Keep in mind that the repository path is used as a place to temporarily store files that are
larger than the configured size threshold.  So, no files will be permanently stored in the
location you specify.  As such, you may want to simply point to a temporary directory on the
But if you still prefer to use a folder inside your application's context to store these temporary
files, you can resolve the absolute path by using:
  upload.setRepositoryPath( context.getRealPath( "/repository" ) );
This should resolve to something like:
Hope this helps,

Senthoorkumaran Punniamoorthy <> wrote:

I am using Tomcat as my servlet engine. Inside "webapps" folder I am using
"fileupload" as context root for the file uploading application I am trying
to write.

In the code

and I have created the "repository" folder inside as a subfolder inside my
context root "fileupload". But it throws an exception saying the folder not
found. Can someone help me with this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Do you Yahoo!?