commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [Net] FTP problem 2nd part
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:42:23 GMT

In message <007a01c33fac$20ca27b0$1f01a8c0@TVWEBVIRGINIE>, "Mike" writes:
>I solved my FTP problem (see previous post) by disabling data =
>connections verifications (setRemoteVerificationEnabled(false)). Does =
>anyone knows if it is possible to have it working with verifications on =
>?

You diagnosed and resolved theh problem correctly.  Even though the
verification is meant to protect against a third party connecting
to your client before the server does, if a server is multi-homed
and binds a socket to 0.0.0.0 instead of a specific interface, you'll
run into a problem.  If you don't want to disable verfication of the
origin of the data connection, using passive mode (enterLocalPassiveMode())
should eliminate the issue since the client will now connect to the
server to establish the data connection instead of the other way around.

daniel