commons-user mailing list archives

From Kristine Weissbarth <>
Subject fileUpload NullPointerException
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:10:37 GMT

I'm trying to get a servlet running which processes my fileUpload with
commons-fileUpload following the example on the website. But I always
get the following NullPointerException although the request is not null:

	at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.createItem(
	at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(
	at de.sourcepark.fileUpload.uploadServlet.doPost(
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(

The problem seems to be in the parseRequest method within the doPost of my servlet (=

List items = upload.parseRequest(request);

I cannot find the problem and either the solution. I guess it should be something trivial
but I cannot find it.
Do you have a suggestions?

View raw message