commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [Net] Support for SSH1/2 ?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:51:06 GMT
The NET project does not support SSH.

There was a discussion on this topic a few months ago which you can find
in the email archives (including my summary of all the java-ssh
libraries I could find). The general conclusion was that there was some
interest in having SSH support in NET, but no-one volunteered to
actually implement it.

There are basically two serious open-source java SSH libraries:
  jsch (http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/)
and
  sshtools (sshtools.sourceforge.net)

I gave jsch a quick try and didn't think much of it.

I have been using SSHTools for the last month, and think it is mediocre.
It is usable, but not great. Note that only SSH2 is supported.

Unfortunately, those are the only options I found after a quite thorough
search of the internet.

Regards,

Simon