commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject [Commons-Net] : Latest Version ?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:21:39 GMT
Re Commons-net release 1.0.1, I am a little puzzled too.

The Net project home pages list releases
  1.0.1 - In CVS
  1.0.0 - 02/23/2003

The apache main site, mirrors, etc. only have downloads for 1.0.0
available.

I presume the "In CVS" status of this release means that a release tag
has been applied to the CVS repository, but that source and binary
bundles have not been made available for download.

Why is this? When is a release suitable for tagging in CVS, but not for
releasing via the download site & mirrors?

Jitu: to answer your original question, it appears that release 1.0.1 is
**only** available by downloading the source files from the CVS version
control repository and compiling them yourself. You will find
instructions on accessing the CVS repository on the jakarta.apache.org
site.

And a minor note: the american date format used for the release date is
a little unfriendly to us non-americans. The date 02/23/2003 is
fortunately unambigious. Had it been 02/05/2003, confusion could well
occur. Maybe yyyy-mm-dd would be better format, being totally
unambiguous??.

Regards,

Simon