commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: FileUpload documentation confusing
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:21:11 GMT
Agreed, I should not have needed to replace the line in the "Using"
documentation with

DefaultFileItem item = (DefaultFileItem) iter.next();

That was simply an experiment to see if I could coax it to work. According
to the Eclipse Debugger, items = upload.ParseRequest(request) is returning
an ArrayList and each of the four elements in that ArrayList are of class
DefaultFileItem. I've inspected each of the four items and they all look
reasonable to me. I'm not actually entirely sure what they SHOULD look like
but my input form has one text field where a user is supposed to supply his
name, followed by three type="file" inputs. The text field contains a value
and the first of the file inputs contains a value and the remaining two file
inputs are empty, exactly as they should be because that's what I put into
the form. The ENCTYPE in the input form is "multipart/form-data\".

The ClassCastException definitely occurs on this line:

FileItem item = (FileItem) iter.next();

I've verified that in the Tomcat error page and via the debugger.

Any ideas why this code is failing?

Rhino