commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] File Separator question
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:11:34 GMT
Thanks Schalk, that worked fine! My servlet can now upload a file from
Windows to a Linux server (or a Windows server) without mangling the name;
the file name is "frotz1.txt" in both cases and the file is in the correct
directory.

I really appreciate your help!

Rhino

----- Original Message -----
From: "Schalk" <schalk@volume4.co.za>
To: "'Jakarta Commons Users List'" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 2:34 AM
Subject: RE: [FileUpload] File Separator question

Rhino

I use the bit of code below to determine the actual filename of the file
being uploaded:

StringTokenizer tokenizer = new StringTokenizer(fileName, "\\, :, /");

            int amount = tokenizer.countTokens();

            for (int i = 0; i < amount -1; i++) {

                tokenizer.nextToken();

            }

            String currentFile = tokenizer.nextToken();

I then store the folder to which I want the file  to be written as a public
String at the top of my servlet i.e.

public String serverFolder =
"/var/www/vhosts/nexroot/webapps/Nexroot/ssl/FTP/files/";

Then write the file to disk as follows:

File diskFile = new File(serverFolder, currentFile);

            item.write(diskFile);

            item.delete();

Hope this helps you out.

Kind Regards