commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject [FileUpload] Thanks for the help!
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:16:40 GMT
Just a quick note to thank everyone who has been helping me with my FileUpload problem over
the past few weeks.

As a quick recap, I have been trying for several weeks, off and on (mostly off), to get the
commons FileUpload to work for me. I kept getting a ClassCastException whenever I executed
the line:

FileItem item = (FileItem) iter.next();

Several people gave useful suggestions but they didn't pan out. Finally, someone - I can't
find the post any more but I think it was Martin Cooper - pointed out that Eclipse probably
contained a beta version of the file upload jar. Yesterday, when I got back to this problem,
I finally tracked down the beta version that was giving me trouble and renamed it so that
Eclipse couldn't see it. The program still failed so I did a search and found *several* other
copies of the beta jar and renamed or deleted all of them.

Now my FileUpload works!

Thanks again to all who helped me! I hope this note will be useful to someone in the future
if they encounter the same problem.

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"If you want the best seat in the house, you'll have to move the cat."