commons-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Davis" <chris.da...@orbsoft.co.uk>
Subject RE: [BeanUtils] Introspection and Enums
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:11:37 GMT
Hi Robert, thanks for getting back to me.

Having fought with it for some more time, I've decided to do it
indirectly, by populating a String property, and then identifying the
appropriate type internally.

Thanks,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Sent: 27/07/03 22:51
Subject: Re: [BeanUtils] Introspection and Enums

hi chris

(i'm not totally sure i understand your problem completely so you might
need to set me straight if i've got it wrong.)

one possible reason for this is that your bean is not compliant with the

java beans specification (in particular, the getter and setter must have

matching types).

if your bean is complaint then i suspect the problem is with your use of

the expression language. what would help me is posting the beanutils
trace
logging and a fuller example of what you're doing.

- robert

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 05:39 PM, Chris Davis wrote:

> Sorry to everyone again, but does anyone know whether this is
possible?

> Thanks,
> Chris Davis

org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.isWriteable(PropertyUtils.jav
a:
> 12
> 88)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.copyProperties(BeanUtils.java:237
)
> 	at

com.biomedcentral.noddy.integration.oracledao.OracleJournalVolumesDAO.se
arch
> ForJournalVolumes(OracleJournalVolumesDAO.java:330)
> 	at

com.biomedcentral.noddy.integration.oracledao.OracleJournalVolumesDAO.se
arch
> (OracleJournalVolumesDAO.java:135)
> 	at

com.biomedcentral.noddy.datatool.test.bmc.BMCSearchJournalVolumesTest.te
stSe
> archJournalVolumesNormal(BMCSearchJournalVolumesTest.java:48)
> 	at

a: