commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ujjwala Kulkarni" <ujjwala.kulk...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Set date issue
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:47:52 GMT
Hi ,
Thanks for replying.
I have a very basic question. All I am doing is to use the betwixt API to convert and the
betwixt is using the ConvertUtils internally . Now how does that make sense for me to register
the date class with the convert utils.

The bean writer writes the dates in the standard format that is date.toString() format. Then
should't the bean reader try to create the date assuming that the format is default because
it is created by the writer.

I am confused as why I need to register the java.util.Date class  and why the betwixt internally
take care of it?

Let me know,
Thanks
Ujjwala

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin [mailto:robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 2:41 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Set date issue

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 11:29 PM, Ujjwala Kulkarni wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Thanks for replying. Let me try that for Date.

i'm pretty sure that this works with CVS HEAD (i've added some unit tests
to make sure).

> I also observed that betwixt can not convert the 'int' as the object
> passed  to the method is Integer instead of int. I do not see any error
> but the  values set in the bean are 0's which are default values .
>
> I supplied a bean to betwixt and converted it to XML. Then used the
> betwixt to read the XML to convert it to bean. I do not see the bean's
> 'int' attributes populated as I supplied in the first place.

this sounds a little mysterious. there are quite a few tests that use
beans that have int attributes. does the property take an int or an
Integer?

if you could supply an example that i could use to replicate the problem
in a test case then i'd be glad to take a look.

- robert