commons-user mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject [Jelly][Patch] InvokeRaw tag and Username/password support
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:40:25 GMT
I decided to go ahead and create a <soap:invoke> tag that takes a whole
soap request.  I called it <soap:invokeraw/>.  If anyone has a better
name, I'm up for it :).  I found this is actually a great capability for
testing since it allows me to completely simulate other toolkits - like
MS.NET's Compact Framework.  I just capture the request with Axis's
tcpmon and throw it into jelly.

So I use it like this:

   	<soap:invokeraw endpoint="http://localhost/some/service"
   			var="response">

   	  <soap:Envelope ....>
	   <soap:Header>
	      Your headers
	   </soap:Header>
	   <soap:Body>
	      <ns:yourMethod />
	   </soap:Body>
	  </soap:Envelope>

   	</soap:invokeraw>

Also in the patch is username/password support for the invoke tag.  That
  one isn't well tested though.

Cheers,

- Dan