commons-user mailing list archives

From Tony Locke <tlo...@tlocke.org.uk>
Subject [DBCP] Pool shut down when Tomcat context removed
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:18:33 GMT
Hi,

I have a similar problem to that described in a previous post. I'm using
DBCP as a JNDI datasource in Tomcat 4.1.24. As part of a test script I
need to restore a database, but I can only do that once all the
connections to the db are closed. I hoped that doing a 'remove' on the
Tomcat web application would close down all the connections in the pool,
but this doesn't seem to happen.

I configure the datasource in server.xml, but I've tried configuring it in
webapps/<appname>.xml but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to make sure the connection pool closes all of its
connections when the context is removed?

Thanks for your help,

Tony.

Tony Locke                          tlocke@tlocke.org.uk.