commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian_Wei...@sonynetservices.com
Subject NEWBIE: commons-logging and log4j.configuration
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:17:58 GMT
Hi!

commons-logging is what I'm looking for! I try to integrate log4j in my
application but I'm not sure if I maybe switch later on to the jdk 1.4
logger. Therfore one common interface is perfect.
BUT: I tried to use a different name for the log4j.properties file. This
works fine as long as I add the -Dlog4j.configuration to my vm call! But
here is the problem:

1.) I'm working on an app server and this would mean setting the log4j
file for all apps running on this server - that's not what I call
comfortable!
2.) I would like to have an easy to change config-file entry somewhere.
It's of no use to say to an admin change the startscript of the server so
we can switch to a different logkit!?

Therefore is there a alternative way how I can tell commons-logging that
it should use a different config file?

Thanks for every useful reply,
Chris.