commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils]DynaProperty readable/writeable information and PropertyUtils
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:04:38 GMT
hi toni

i don't see any real reason why a DynaProperty should not contain
meta-data - for example whether a property is write, read-write or
read-only. in order to preserve backwards compatibility, there is no
guarantee that this data is accurate (in other words, older classes are
not forced to supply accurate data) and a reasonable default (read-write)
should be assumed.

by all means supply a patch - see
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html containing this
functionality.