commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Denson" <>
Subject RE: Replacement for ValidatorUtil?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:34:39 GMT
Hi Wendy,

ValidatorUtil was moved to the org.apache.commons.validator.util package
and is now called ValidatorUtils.

To see the source look at:

All the best,

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak []
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 3:43 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Replacement for ValidatorUtil?

I'm compiling a Struts webapp against the 6/2 nightly which I understand
includes the nightly for Commons.  I'm getting:

warning: org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorUtil in
org.apache.commons.validator has been deprecated

I looked at:

But there is no mention of it being deprecated or what to use in its
and nothing with a similar signature in the index.

What should I use instead?

Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.