commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Denson" <mden...@dayspring-tech.com>
Subject RE: Replacement for ValidatorUtil?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:34:39 GMT
Hi Wendy,

ValidatorUtil was moved to the org.apache.commons.validator.util package
and is now called ValidatorUtils.

To see the source look at:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/

All the best,
Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 3:43 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Replacement for ValidatorUtil?

I'm compiling a Struts webapp against the 6/2 nightly which I understand
includes the nightly for Commons.  I'm getting:

warning: org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorUtil in
org.apache.commons.validator has been deprecated

I looked at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/apidocs/org/apache/commons/v
alid
ator/ValidatorUtil.html

But there is no mention of it being deprecated or what to use in its
place,
and nothing with a similar signature in the index.

What should I use instead?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.