commons-user mailing list archives

From "Perry Hoekstra" <dutchman...@hotmail.com>
Subject HttpClient - Use as a server
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:28:50 GMT
Question: Can HttpClient be used to build a tiny Web Server?  Yes, I know
that is not the charter of the package.  However, I need to build a tiny Web
Server that accepts posts on a given port for some testing.  I built  a
rudimentary socket server but I would like to use something with a little
more abstraction and ran into HttpClient.

Thoughts?  If not HttpClient, anyone know an open source Java package that
would provide the ability to build a minimal Web Server of off?

Perry Hoekstra