commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <Adrian.Sut...@Ephox.com>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] HttpClient doesn't release connection....!?
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:33:46 GMT
Hi wolfgang,
HttpClient will correctly release connection, but you must let it know that
the connection is no longer in use somehow.  There are a couple of ways of
doing this:

1. Read all the data from the connection.
2. Call releaseConnection on the method you executed.

You should take a look at the documentation on the httpclient website
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/) and particularly the
tutorial (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/tutorial.html) then
the multithreading guide
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/threading.html) then if you're
still having trouble check out the troubleshooting guide
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/troubleshooting.html) and
finally if you still can't work it out send a wire trace through to the
mailing list (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html).

Who says open source is never well documented? :)

Hope that helps,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com