commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <Adrian.Sut...@Ephox.com>
Subject RE: Jelly Status
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:18:06 GMT

>Also, I agree that the stuff on ibiblio is incomplete, and also very old,
>although I'm not sure if that is a Jelly problem or a general problem.
>(Specifically regarding updates not on ibiblio, the HTTPClient has had some
>important changes, such as URL-encoding.  And Dom4J has had some important
>fixes regarding namespaces.)

Ibiblio is not an official Apache distribution point so you should always
get copies of Apache software from apache.org servers (or mirrors).  Having
said that, the maven repository on ibiblio is maintained by the maven team
which is a top level Apache project and they happily upload new versions
when you log a request with their support system (JIRA I belive but no idea
where it's hosted or how to use it), you can also post a request to the
maven-users list and it generally gets actioned.  There are various legal
issues involved with adding things to the maven repository as well but if
that's an issue it will be explained when you put in a request, just
remember to search for previous requests.

In the particularly case of HttpClient we generally send off a request for
official releases to be added to the maven repository but don't bother until
then, mostly because that would be a little too close to an actual release
and the quality isn't up to par for an Apache release for things like
nightly builds.

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com