commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <>
Subject RE: HttpClient - Use as a server
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 22:50:19 GMT
HttpClient definitely cannot do this since it implements the client side of
the arrangement.  There may be a bunch of useful parsing code in HttpClient,
but I'm sure you'll be able to find a complete solution somewhere and it
looks like one possibility has already shown up.

Of course, if your rudimentary socket server is working do you really want
to change it?

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Perry Hoekstra []
Sent: Wednesday, 4 June 2003 11:29 PM
Subject: HttpClient - Use as a server

Question: Can HttpClient be used to build a tiny Web Server?  Yes, I know
that is not the charter of the package.  However, I need to build a tiny Web

Server that accepts posts on a given port for some testing.  I built  a
rudimentary socket server but I would like to use something with a little
more abstraction and ran into HttpClient.

Thoughts?  If not HttpClient, anyone know an open source Java package that
would provide the ability to build a minimal Web Server of off?

Perry Hoekstra

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message