commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauz...@RxHub.net>
Subject RE: HttpClient - Use as a server
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:34:02 GMT
Sun has a small http server framework:  http://research.sun.com/brazil/.

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Perry Hoekstra [mailto:dutchman_mn@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 8:29 AM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: HttpClient - Use as a server

Question: Can HttpClient be used to build a tiny Web Server?  Yes, I
know
that is not the charter of the package.  However, I need to build a tiny
Web
Server that accepts posts on a given port for some testing.  I built  a
rudimentary socket server but I would like to use something with a
little
more abstraction and ran into HttpClient.

Thoughts?  If not HttpClient, anyone know an open source Java package
that
would provide the ability to build a minimal Web Server of off?

Perry Hoekstra