commons-user mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Testing of connections
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:32:39 GMT
Yes, the current release has only one validation query spot, which as
you say is during testOnBorrow.

This will still cause your firewall to kill connections, and then DBCP
will validate the connection, find it's bad, and get a good connection
for your app.  (For me this is preferrable to keeping idle connections
open just because of a periodic validation check.)

--
Serge Knystautas
President