commons-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Probst" <andpr...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [logging] LogConfigurationException
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 06:03:27 GMT
Thank you both Achim and Anthony for your replies.

I still can't get it to work. Achim, I tried your code - and it
works. Then I commented the junit-call out of the main method -
and it works.

    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        //BasicConfigurator.configure();
        logger.debug("test");
        junit.swingui.TestRunner.run(AllTests.class);
    }

If I run the code above, the "test" gets logged as expected, but
after that the exception below is thrown.

Is there a known issue with JUnit 3.7?

log4j: Finished configuring.
04 Jun 2003 07:50:21,122 DEBUG AllTests: test
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorI
mpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodA
ccessorImpl.java:25)
        at
junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:111)
        at junit.awtui.TestRunner.runSuite(TestRunner.java:455)
        at junit.awtui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:536)
        at junit.awtui.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:382)
        at junit.awtui.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:387)
        at de...AllTests.main(AllTests.java:29)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement
Log
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFac
toryImpl.java:532)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFac
toryImpl.java:272)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFac
toryImpl.java:246)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395)
        at de...AllTests.<clinit>(AllTests.java:21)
        ... 10 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement
Log
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(
LogFactoryImpl.java:416)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFac
toryImpl.java:525)
        ... 14 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not
implement Log
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(
LogFactoryImpl.java:412)
        ... 15 more

Andreas