commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] escaping attribute values question
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:37:08 GMT
hi peter

betwixt escapes characters as per the xml specification. i suspect that
your problem is that the xml encoding specified is not the same as the
encoding produced by your code.

i wouldn't support a default encoding of characters into entities since
this is a controversial without any clear consensus about use case. i
would prefer to see an optional strategy added to betwixt which would
flexibly process text after it was generated but i don't have the time to
code something like that myself at the moment.

if you feel like contributing a patch to do this, then it would be
gratefully accepted. see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html
and http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html for some guidelines
about how to go about this. please include test cases.

- robert