commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [Logging] Want to submit my updates to support JSR47/Lumberja ck in JDK 1.3
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:55:19 GMT
Hi Craig,

I would:

1. Get the latest from CVS.
2. Patch this local copy and add/update unit tests as needed. Unit tests are
a MUST.
3. Create patch files (eclipse does this from the UI or you can use the CVS
CLI).
4. Create an "Enhancement" bug report on Bugzilla and attach the patches.
5. Hope someone on the Logging team gets to it ;-)

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: David Orriss Jr [mailto:dave@davenet.net]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 11:50
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [Logging] Want to submit my updates to support JSR47/Lumberjack in
JDK 1.3

Craig,

A few months back I updated an in-house version of the commons-logging
system to more robustly support JDK 1.3 with Lumberjack.  The company I
work for has been using it for the last 6 months in production work and
it seems to be quite stable.  However it *also* represents a fork from
the base commons-logging code that I have to re-patch each time a new
release of commons-logging comes out.

So, I'd like to submit those  changes for JSR47 support back to you for
inclusion into commons-logging.  How do I do that?

--
David Orriss Jr
ICQ/AIM/MSN Id's available upon request