commons-user mailing list archives

From "Lutz Horn" <lutz-h...@web.de>
Subject Solved (was: [Digester] <include> path relative to what?)
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:20:57 GMT
Hi all,

sorry if you already thought about this problem. After some
further digging in the CVS repository I came up with a
solution.

> I try to use the include element to include a second
> xmlrules file into a master rules file. I'm developing
> inside Eclipse 2.1 under Windows 2000 and all the
> rules files are in the root directory of my Eclipse project.
>
> To which location in the filesystem is a relative URI
> inside the path attribute of the include element
> relative? If I only write
>
> master.xml:
> <include path="second.xml"/>
>
> a org.apache.commons.digester.xmlrules.XmlLoadException
> is thrown at  FromXmlRuleSet.java:151 even though both
> rules files reside in the same directory (the Eclipse project
> root directory).

As in the example use of the include element in

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/digester/src/test/org/apache/commons/digester/xmlrules/testrules.xml?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I put the included rules file into a subdirectory of the
package directory and use the path corresponding
to this pseudo sub package:

master.xml:
<include path="com/example/project/xmlrules/second.xml"/>

Regards
Lutz