commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Bateman <bobbate...@sequoiallc.com>
Subject Re: <new dbcp user> Greatly confused.
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:39:23 GMT
Thanks for all the help so far!

I've verified MySQL connectability...

> Did you add a
>
> 	<resource-ref>
> 	  <description>Resource for DB connections</description>
> 	  <res-ref-name>jdbc/JNDI_NAME</res-ref-name>
> 	  <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
> 	  <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
> 	</resource-ref>
>
> section to your web.xml file?

Yes.  I've tried it with and without the description...

> Also make sure the dhcp and pool jar files are in the common/lib folder.

All Jar files are where I would assume they should be - this is a stock copy
of Tomcat 4.1.24 from the web.

> Creation of foo.DBTest is complete.
> ### Calling InitialContext()
> ### We *have* a context.
> ### Doing lookup
> ### list() on /comp/env/jdbc Context :
> ### Binding : MySQL_TestDB: org.apache.naming.ResourceRef
> ### listBindings() on /comp/env/jdbc Context :
> ### Binding : MySQL_TestDB:
> org.apache.naming.ResourceRef:ResourceRef[className=
> javax.sql.DataSource,factoryClassLocation=null,factoryClassName=org.apache.
> naming.factory.ResourceFactory,{type=description,content=MySQL DB
> Connection},{type=scope,content=Shareable},{type=auth,content=Container}]
> ### Looking up our data source.
> --- DefaultAutoCommit = true
> --- DefaultReadOnly = false
> --- DriverClassName = null
> --- MaxActive = 8
> --- MaxIdle = 8
> --- MaxWait = -1
> --- NumActive = 0
> --- NumIdle = 0
> --- Password = null
> --- Url = null
> --- Username = null
> --- ValidationQuery = null

I'm not sure, but I think I've broken the JNDI code (my guess...)  No mater
what I do, I can't seem to get a valid object back from JNDI.  It's almost as
if Tomcat is confused about the Resource that I'm defining for access inside
my code.  I'm wondering now if this isn't a dbcp problem - but possibly
something broken in tomcat proper...

 Bob

--
Bob Bateman