commons-user mailing list archives

From Ashok Madhavan <ashsud2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Upload Problem
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:32:16 GMT
hi Rob, Martin and all,

Thanks a lot. i used the 'controller' element and
moved to the RC2 and the upload works great.

thanks a lot again.

regards
Ashok

> > Hi all,
> > I am using the Struts version RC-1.
> >
> > I am using the Struts upload and i am able to load
> > files upto about 230KB size. WHen the size of the
> > uploaded file goes more than 300KB, i am getting
> the
> > following exception.
> > <Jun 10, 2003 7:01:03 PM PDT> <Error> <HTTP>
> <101017>

<[ServletContext(id=5921274,name=prototype,context-path=/prototype)]
> > Root cause of ServletException
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at

org.apache.commons.fileupload.DeferredFileOutputStream.thresholdReached(Defe
> rredFileOutputStream.java:163)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.fileupload.ThresholdingOutputStream.checkThreshold(Thresh
> oldingOutputStream.java:260)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.fileupload.ThresholdingOutputStream.write(ThresholdingOut
> putStream.java:167)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream.readBodyData(MultipartStream.j
> ava:513)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.jav
> a:360)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(Common
> sMultipartRequestHandler.java:233)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1125)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.j
> ava:821)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:254)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1480)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:524)
> >         at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
> >         at

> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Servle
> tStubImpl.java:1058)
> >         at

> :401)
> >         at

> :306)
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(W
> ebAppServletContext.java:5445)
> >         at

weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManage
> r.java:780)
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
> ntext.java:3105)
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
> :2588)
> >         at

weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)
> >         at

weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)