commons-user mailing list archives

From Harold Russell <hsro...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Jelly] Modularization: To Return A Non XMLOutput/String Object
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:14:20 GMT
Hi,

I've been experimenting with Jelly to determine if it
is suitable to use as a general purpose prototyping
language. First thing I was trying to do was to write
code that are "modularized." By "modularized" I meant
something like a function which has its own local
variable scope.

My first try was using a define:taglib and define:tag
tags to create my own custom tag. I can "call" this
"module" by using the tag and attributes as input
parameters. This is the closest thing that resembles a
reusable "module"/"function" as the code inside the
tag has its own variable scope.

The only problem is that when my custom tags are
evaluated, it can only return XMLOutput/String and not
any other object.

Does anyone have any advice on writing "modularized"
code in Jelly?