commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [jxpath] JXPathContext#iterate(String) returns same object multip le times
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:27:49 GMT
Knut,

No, you are absolutely right.  JXPath is guaranteed to returned unique
pointers, but not unique objects.  If your graph has multiple paths to
the same object, it may be returned repeatedly. The "//" axis has a
protection built into it against simple loops like a->b->a (you'll need
to use the nigthly build to get that behavior).  Other than that there
is really no cure other than specifying more explicit paths.

- Dmitri