commons-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Farnham <cfar...@yahoo.com>
Subject General help with Jelly
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:42:51 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to learn and use the Jelly project, but am
having trouble getting my general environment set up.

I apologize if this has been covered recently on this
list, but it seems the archive isn't working.

I have downloaded and installed Maven.  Then I got the
latest version of Jelly from CVS by checking out the
jakarta-common project.

I went into the Jelly directory
(C:\jakarta-commons\jelly) and ran 'maven test'.  It
went through it's thing.  Then I ran 'maven
dist:install'.  This put another jelly distribution at
C:\usr\local\jelly.

I set up the JELLY_HOME variables and pointed them to
C:\usr\local\jelly.  Then I added the bin directory
under that to my PATH env variable.

I'm trying to try out the tutorials etc. but the
documentation seems to be out of date.

When I run the jelly.bat file, this is the result:
bash-2.05b$ jelly.bat
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.werken.forehead.Forehead.loadGlob(Forehead.java:374)
        at
com.werken.forehead.Forehead.load(Forehead.java:317)
        at
com.werken.forehead.Forehead.config(Forehead.java:245)
        at
com.werken.forehead.Forehead.config(Forehead.java:131)
        at
com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:571)

Any help is much appreciated.  Thank you.

Chris