commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [betwixt] where to place betwixt files
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:16:12 GMT

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 08:10 PM, Brian K. Wallace wrote:

> On 12 Jun 2003 at 12:11, Larry Young wrote:
>> Hello,
>>          I thought I had seen a posting about this awhile ago, but I
>> couldn't find it on the mail list archive.  In fact I didn't see any
>> postings for betwixt after February.

there have been quite a few postings on the list since then but
development hasn't been as swift as we'd hoped...

>>          I'm in the process of jar-ing my application and I was trying to
>> figure out where I need to put my *.betwixt files in the JAR.  I was
>> going
>> to put them all into a single 'betwixt' directory, but what happens
>> down-the-road when I have two classes in different packages with the same
>> name?  Does betwixt even allow this?  Does betwixt rely on the path of
>> the
>> class to find the *.betwixt file??
> Place the betwixt file in the same package as the source file it's
> defining. A classfile
> com.mycompany.MyClass would have a corresponding betwixt file
> MyClass.betwixt
> in the com.mycompany package.

(that's the way things work at the moment.)

it should very easy to add a strategy interface that would allow custom
.betwixt file loading. if this is a priority for anyone, then maybe they'd
like to contribute a patch ;)

(for some guidelines see

- robert

View raw message