commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject looking for multipart-mime-handling library
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:41:54 GMT
Hi All,

I'm looking for code which can handle multipart mime messages, both
building them and decoding them.

Currently I am using the javax.mail apis, with the implementation
downloadable from Sun. However, frankly, the javax.mail API stinks. And
the implementation isn't much better, as well as being closed-source. In
fact I've run into a showstopper bug in it which means I'm now looking
around for any alternative implementations. As a last resort I can
roll-my-own but I'd rather not.

Is there any project (apache or otherwise) which provides mime handling
utilities? I guess there is some in james.apache.org, but it doesn't
seem to be separated out (not that I've looked deeply yet).

If there isn't anything around, how would people feel about adding it to
codec? I think it is a good fit for that project, with the major
question being whether there is enough demand to make it worth doing...

Cheers,

Simon