commons-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Speeding up uploads
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:26:44 GMT
> Is there anything I can do with my server configuration (Tomcat or Apache)
> or to my servlet code to optimize HTTP uploads and make them as fast
> as possible?

Not that I'm aware of... It's a protocol issue not a server/code issue
at the core.

(I'd be interested in hearing if you discover anything, though.)

If you're using a web client you're limited to using the protocol as
described. Also, I don't recall/know what you're uploading, but if it's
highly compressible (text, xml, NOT images) then make 'em compress it
first and only accept zip files :D

Dave