commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <David.K...@wamu.net>
Subject [httpclient] Q about how HttpClient handles "trust stores" in SSL, vs. how Axis does it
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:56:46 GMT
I don't know a lot about this, but I had a colleague who was having some
trouble getting an SSL connection working from Axis.  I thought this was
curious, because when I plugged in HttpClient for an SSL connection, it
worked on the first try.  He, however, is getting some error about
"unable to validate trust store" or something like that.  He's
apparently finding that he needs to deploy a different SocketFactory, or
something, that handles trust stores in a different way.  Does anyone
know this works out of the box in HttpClient, but requires more work in
Axis?