commons-user mailing list archives

From "Vanita Shroff" <vani...@xentel.com>
Subject DBCP Connection Pooling
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:36:07 GMT
Hello:

I am using DBCP  Jdbc2PoolDataSource and DriverAdapterCPDS for having a pool of connections
for a client-server application (without having an middle layer application server tier).
I am using Sun One Directory Server to bind my Jdbc2PoolDataSource as a datasource object.
I can successfully bind the object. But from the client machine when I do JNDI lookup as:
Jdbc2PoolDataSource ref = (Jdbc2PoolDataSource)ctx2.lookup(pooldsbindString);

Connection c = ref.getConnection();

I get a nullpointerexception. Any idea what am I doing wrong here? How can I create a pool
of connections on the server and connect it from the client using JNDI without using an application
server tier?

Thanks,

VS