commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Keese" <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>
Subject Re: General help with Jelly
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 02:38:34 GMT
Hello Christopher.

I recently started using Jelly and I had a lot of trouble getting it
running.  I haven't seen "jelly.bat", but it seems like this is a DOS script
and you are running it on a UNIX system, which is strange.  Anyway, here's
what I did:

  1) Building jelly.
      - I ended up building everything from CVS since the snapshots were
apparently very unstable.
      - maven is the preferred build system but I ended up using ant (there
are build.xml files inside of CVS)
      - note that even when you build the source code yourself, the jar
filenames are ...SNAPSHOT...
      - apparently the jelly-tag libraries are built separately from the
main jelly library, so you need to build in each jelly-tag/* directory
manually

  2) Collect all the needed JAR files into one directory.
      - If you are using the jelly:xml library, for example, you need
commons-jelly-tags-xml-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, built from jelly-tags/xml.
      - be careful not to get two jar files with different names but
defining the same classes, like jelly-xml-SNAPSHOT.jar and jelly-xml.jar

  3) I wrote my own script to launch jelly, listed below.

  By the way, the standard format for subject lines to this newsgroup is
with jelly in brackets, like "[jelly] general help" or something like that.

Cheers,
Bill

-- Bill's script to run Jelly
#!/bin/sh
# Run jelly.

CLASSPATH=
for file in  ../jelly1.0/lib/*.jar
do
  CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH\;$file
done

java org.apache.commons.jelly.Jelly $*

--- Bill's lib directory
$ ls lib
ant-1.5.jar
ant-optional-1.5.jar
commons-beanutils-1.6.jar
commons-cli-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-collections-2.1.jar
commons-discovery-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-httpclient-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-1.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-tags-define-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-tags-http-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-tags-junit-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-tags-threads-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-tags-util-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-tags-xml-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-tags-xmlunit-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jexl-1.0-beta-1.jar
commons-lang-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-logging-1.0.jar
dom4j-1.4-dev-8.jar