commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Comer" <>
Subject FileUpload - deletion of temp files problem
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:01:21 GMT
Hi there,
I have some servlet code that is correctly uploading two files however
two parameters that are passed to the servlet are also creating temp
files that I am unable to delete until resin restarts. As this will be
infrequent I need to resolve this.
I have modified Fileitem.delete() to return a boolean (which incidently
I would have thought to be a good idea anyway...shall I pass this to the
dev forum?)
public boolean delete()
        byteStream = null;
        content = null;
        boolean ret = false;
        if (storeLocation != null && storeLocation.exists())
            ret = storeLocation.delete();
        return ret;

& this always returns 'false'.
Any clues ?